Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New Girl on the Blog

I woke this morning around 4:00  with a desire to get up and read through a portion of Scripture which I have spent the last four years studying in my personal devotions.  It amazes me that I continue to find fresh truth from the same words.  2 Chronicles has become the background of my first book I just had published: "The Kings of Judah: A Lamp Maintained".  The narrative of these rulers became alive to me as I saw how applicable their situations and dilemnas were to me.  I saw God's mercy and patience even as He disciplined His children for their own good and His glory.  It is good to feel the hand of God on me, whether it's to comfort or discipline.  And how ironic that even His discipline can be comforting, for I know He loves me and seeks His best for me.  After all, I am His.

4 comments:

  1. I just read a tweet by Aaron about your blog.I look forward to being a regular reader of your posts.
    I am glad I am the first to comment on your blog too.

    http://nellying.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! I look forward to reading your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Carole! I just can't tell you how blessed I am to have the joy of journeying through this study about the Kings of Judah with you in Sunday School. Looking forward to all that God has for us in the coming weeks. Thank you for sharing God's Word with all of us...I'm already loving the book! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your blog, Carole! Would like your book, but not able to join in the ss class at this time. Blessings to you as you lead others in the Word for His glory and honor! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete